Wednesday 16 November 2011

[All Sorts] Busy, Busy Busy!

Well, it's been a while since I posted an entry on here. I've been kinda busy - rehearsing, recording, gigging and even had to do some live sound.

Played a gig with The French Electric last week which went really well. Did some recording which will be used on some new Vultures Quartet sometime in the new year. I had to do the live sound at a friend's birthday - which was scary as I had to use a Yamaha 01v which is a pretty old digital mixer - not amazingly easy to use as it is menu driven. 

Vultures Quartet played at The Cube in Bristol which was excellent and a brilliant venue, really friendly and I saw lots of the Bristol theatre people. Thanks Anna for giving me a lift up there and somewhere to stay - and the same for James and Leila the next night.

More gigs coming up in the next few weeks.

Also look out for the new Classwar Karaoke online compilation - I've got a piece on there made with Daniel Thompson - an electro acoustic piece with realtime Pd processing and acoustic guitar. Have a look at the site - this will be the 16th "survey" so there's plenty there to listen to before it is released on the 30th of November.

Also, Seth and I listened to what the Goldsmiths students on his MA course had to say about our prototype for the video piece we've been working on for ages. Thankfully that went really well and they had a lot of positive things to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment