Wednesday 27 April 2011

[Recordings] New Audio Online

I've uploaded a few new things to my website - at the bottom of the audio page as usual.

There are a couple of no input mixing tracks. Everyone who comes round here seems to be fascinated by this method of making sound and I have to admit I am not entirely sure why or how it works but it's very powerful and expressive. I do wonder how long the mixer will last, but considering it is about 40 years old anyway I suspect it won't be long.

I finally uploaded a track based on the Karplus Strong algorithm which also makes use of some drum synthesis which sounds like the most basic sounds one can achieve with a Roland TR808 which I made mainly using [noise~], [adsr~], [osc~] and [lores~] objects - basically kick, snare and hi hat sounds (sort of).  It's a bit of fun. I also recently made a recording with Seth using a heavily modified version of this patch - more on this soon - it needs some heavy editing and mixing but uses the patch in a more interesting way.

Another new one is Yuri which is created using a fairly complicated Pd patch. It has no "user" controls at all, it just uses various ways of creating random numbers to control the subpatches and how and when they fade in and out. I also used the bowed string and marimba from the PeRColate library (contrary to the Wikipedia article PeRColate has been ported to Pd).  I need to make it more interesting.

The above patch was inspired by listening to the music on PatchWerk Radio which is great. On a Mac I needed to download the ogg stream and play it in VLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment