Tuesday 16 August 2011

[Cycling] New Tyre

Well, having had a meeting about last night's performance that went on until around 5pm I had to get out sharpish and get a new back tyre for my bike. Having no spare inner tubes I could use and having managed to lose the glue from my repair kit I had to pump the blasted one up and try to get to a bike shop - there was a local one. I asked for Gator Skins and the fella said "Nah, they're pish, pal". Possibly because all of his stock is Schwalbe... so I got a Durano Plus, didn't have a lot of choice. And he was wielding an 8" long pedal wrench. And he was bigger than me.

So, let's see what happens tonight, it'd be nice to have an evening without a puncture. No doubt the Continental on the front wheel will go this evening and I'll be walking home in the rain. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment